We are offering a couple of pre-conference tour options which are available to book through the online registration form.
Queenstown Highlight Tour
Sunday 12 February 2017, $95.00 inc GST
There’s so many reasons to choose Queenstown Highlights. See Queenstown’s 5 best sights and activities in one very affordable fun packed morning. Group sizes are small, vehicles are luxurious, friendly local driver-guides plus hotel pick ups all ensure that Queenstown Highlights is the best tour on offer.
- Queenstown Hill Views: Spectacular birds eye views of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu, the Remarkables and Lord of the Rings locations. Great photo opportunity.
- AJ Hackett Bungy Bridge: Discover the thrill of Bungy. Watch intrepid jumpers from the viewing deck. Maybe even jump yourself!
- Gibbston Valley Winery: Enjoy a selection of three wines produced on site. Enjoy the winery’s fine gift shop and the region’s only cheesery.
- Lord of the Rings Film Sites–Pillars of the Kings: Be transported to Middle Earth at the Kawarau Gorge, film location for the Pillars of the Kings. Great for photos.
- Captivating Arrowtown: Discover beautiful Arrowtown’s golden history and colonial architecture. Highlights are the Lakes District Museum and Chinese Miners’ Settlement. Plus boutique shopping, great cafes and restaurants.You will need to bring
- A camera!
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a sunhat.
Walter Peak Farm Tour
Our rural host will meet you after you disembark from the TSS Earnslaw and take you for a walking tour of the farmyard. The first stop is the holding pens, where you can help feed the sheep and deer, and even get up close to the Scottish Highland Cattle. Then stroll through the lakeside gardens to the charming Colonel’s Homestead for morning or afternoon tea.
Afterwards the farmer will lead you over to the shearing shed where you can watch the farm dogs rounding up sheep from the hill paddocks, and see the farmer shear a sheep. You will then board the TSS Earnslaw for your cruise back to Queenstown.
Morning tea provided (scones, cakes and slices freshly baked at the farm; tea/coffee/fruit juice)