Abstract submission is now closed.
The abstract should succinctly state the subject and conclusions of the paper in 250 words or less.
Abstract Submission Deadline – 15th November 2015
Author Notification – 30th November 2015
Final Paper Due – 5th February 2016
The conference theme, “Reducing Risk- Raising Resilience”, is acknowledging the lessons learned, 5 years on from the Christchurch earthquake of 22 February 2011, to direct our focus on reducing future risk and raising the resilience of our communities to such events.
Join us for an opportunity to see the reconstruction of Christchurch first hand and to discuss the current and upcoming topics that are key to the broad disciplines of earthquake engineering, and an earthquake resilient society.
SUGGESTED PAPER TOPICS
Papers are invited from all earthquake engineering and related disciplines, including
- Structural engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Engineering seismology
- Social Impacts
- Economic implications of seismic risk and resilience
- Lifelines and infrastructure
- Architecture and urban design
- Emergency management and planning
Papers from the following topics focusing on the conference theme are encouraged:
- Advances in knowledge of hazards and risks
- Social impacts and resilience
- Advances in earthquake engineering research & practice
- Practice case studies
- Damage avoidance design
- Heritage Buildings – economic, engineering and social dimensions
- Non-structural elements
- Collaboration and integration
- Response and health monitoring of structures
- Lessons from recent earthquakes – Nepal, Chile