Ministry of Education – Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) Meets Success for All
Two key initiatives to promote wellbeing, engagement, participation and achievement in New Zealand schools.
Opening (15 minutes)
- Whole group – introductions etc
- Overview – what was the origins of this work/evidence/the problem PB4L and Success for All is attempting to address
- A quick overview of the programmes/initiatives
Round table/small group with various presenters ( 60 minutes/four slots of 15 minutes)
A maximum time of 15 minutes per group. Participants will have the opportunity to move to 4”small groups”.
|Round table /small group||Name of small group presenter/facilitator|
|PB4L School-Wide||Diana Shepherd – PB4L Programme Manager|
|Incredible Years||Jenny Bauckham -Senior Advisor, Incredible Years Programme|
|Intensive Wraparound Service (IWS)||Brett Hunt - Clinical Psychologist IWS|
|The Inclusion Online Knowledge Centre||Judy Cochrane – Inclusion Online Knowledge Centre Developer|
|Tools such as the “[email protected] school” survey and the “inclusive practices” self review tool for schools||Tanya McKenzie Support Specialist and [email protected] & IPT Co-ordinator|
In the small groups the facilitator/presenter will talk about:
- A brief overview of the programme/initiative – what does it look like for those involve in the programme, how is the programme implemented, how have we made it effective for Maori
- The successes and challenges
- What is being achieved – numbers of programmes/participants, quantitative and qualitative, a story anecdote to illustrate what the programme is achieving.
- What we are learning on how to improve the programme
Time for questions and discussion